Pear
attila
STAFF
STAFF
Moto: Caponord ETV1000

Messaggio da attila »

Ciao Pear, welcome!

:welcome:

do you have a Caponord RR? How many km? Tell us something more...

;-)
Mandi!
Attila :attila:

CN Grigio Dust Marzo 2002
"black snaky"
Makis
PISTONE SGONFIO
PISTONE SGONFIO

Messaggio da Makis »

Makis, it looks from your homeland, give him a "worm" welcome in Greek language...
I think you are right Attila :-)
Let's try...

GIA SOU FILE !!! KALOSORISES!!!!! GIORGO SE LENE?
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Pear :welcome:
pear
NIUBBO
NIUBBO
Contatta:

Messaggio da pear »

I have a '02 flame red Caponord, not RR, with 30000 km, and with some minor problems. For example, I had to change the front wheel bearings, and the steering bearings. The Yuasa battery is a peace of *** :-( the bike is about two years old, and next spring I will buy the third battery. :o Some kind of modifications should be done on the front forks, and the bike would be perfect. :-)
Anyway I love my bike so much! :love: It is strong, confty, nice, and easy to handle, even for a girl, as I am.
About me. I'm 29 years old, and I work as a journalist in Budapest.

Pear
Ospite

Messaggio da Ospite »

pear ha scritto:I have a '02 flame red Caponord, not RR, with 30000 km, and with some minor problems. For example, I had to change the front wheel bearings, steering bearings...
that happened also to some of us... but just few...
pear ha scritto:The Yuasa battery is a peace of *** :-( the bike is about two years old, and next spring I will buy the third battery
pretty strange... mine is also a MY02 but after 54.000 km I'm still running with the original one...

Maybe it's time to double check the charging system... or R U parking the bike during wintertime? If yes, I suggest U to keep under charge the battery at least every 2/3 weeks...
pear ha scritto:Some kind of modifications should be done on the front forks, and the bike would be perfect. :-)
yes, you're right... look for the new MY'04 fork springs or the aftermarket ones like into the Touratech catalogue (www.touratech.com), than you'll surely be happy :motosmile:
pear ha scritto: Anyway I love my bike so much! It is strong, confty, nice, and easy to handle, even for a girl, as I am.
About me. I'm 29 years old, and I work as a journalist in Budapest
You're right, also my girlfriend is able to handle it! R U also making off-road tracks? Just my curiosity... ;-)

What a pity not to have met you when we were there 2 summers ago. We were 8 people enjoying your beautiful city during August … also the fireworks along the river… but it was too hot! :salta: (take a look at the pictures under the “photo” section)

Pear (is it just your nickname, a fruit, or your real name? :roll: :-D ), what about writing to us something about your experience with the Capo?

;-)

Ospite

Messaggio da Ospite »

that happened also to some of us... but just few...

*** Ok, the roads are too bumpy here in Hungary, even for an enduro... Out of five Capos, three had problems with the bearings.

Maybe it's time to double check the charging system... or R U parking the bike during wintertime? If yes, I suggest U to keep under charge the battery at least every 2/3 weeks...

*** Surely, I should have to check the charging system. I don't ride in the winter, it is too cold, snow... etc... but I charge it...

yes, you're right... look for the new MY'04 fork springs or the aftermarket ones like into the Touratech catalogue (www.touratech.com), than you'll surely be happy

*** Yes, I will buy the touratech one. Does anybody have theese springs here? Hyperpro has progressive springs for Capo, too.

You're right, also my girlfriend is able to handle it! R U also making off-road tracks? Just my curiosity... ;-)

*** The bike is too heavy for me to take offroad tours with it. ;-) I ride only on roads, but I plan to buy an offroad bike. But not in the next two years.

Pear (is it just your nickname, a fruit, or your real name? :roll: :-D ), what about writing to us something about your experience with the Capo?

*** This is my nickname, about the fruit. My real name is Eva, and your name-day is on my birthday. Attila is your real name?

Experiences... I use my Capo since last november, since then we collected 14.000 km on long tours in the country, and two journeys to Italy, Misano (World Ducati Week), and Austria. There was about three month (the first 3), while I had to ride my Capo very carefully. I had a Suzuki sport-tourer before, and they are two different worlds.
Here are some pictures about the summer and my bike: http://kep.tar.hu/kortefoto

Pear
Makis
PISTONE SGONFIO
PISTONE SGONFIO

Messaggio da Makis »

Hi Pear,
For example, I had to change the front wheel bearings, and the steering bearings.
Have you ever used your bike during the winter?
Do they use grit (salt) on the roads in Hungary during the winter?
They do here and I had a problem with my previous bikes (steering bearings - corrosion etc.).
Surely, I should have to check the charging system. I don't ride in the winter, it is too cold, snow... etc... but I charge it...
What are you using to charge your battery?
Not all the chargers are very good :-(
Yes, I will buy the touratech one. Does anybody have theese springs here? Hyperpro has progressive springs for Capo, too.
Touratech have got a new catalogue out, but unfortunately not a lot of things for Caponords...
I think that Hagon (here in UK) have springs for Caponords as well..
This is my nickname, about the fruit. My real name is Eva, and your name-day is on my birthday. Attila is your real name?
Hi Eva :-) :-)
My wife's name is Litsa (from Evangelia) and we do celebrate namedays also in Greece!!!
Is your nameday 25th of March, by any chance?
Mine was the 1st of November :-) :-) :-)

Attila....
Every time I try to speak to someone in Greek, they dissappear :-( :-(
attila
STAFF
STAFF

Messaggio da attila »

Anonymous ha scritto:*** Ok, the roads are too bumpy here in Hungary, even for an enduro... Out of five Capos, three had problems with the bearings.
I guess Makis is right, maybe it’s too much salt during winter time, are you washing it off frequently?
Anonymous ha scritto:*** Surely, I should have to check the charging system. I don't ride in the winter, it is too cold, snow... etc... but I charge it...
I perfectly remember one of your winters! :-(
I had to drive till Eger for business during a real winter storm January ’02, it was a real nightmare... snow and wind all trip long... :o :o
Anonymous ha scritto:*** Yes, I will buy the touratech one. Does anybody have theese springs here? Hyperpro has progressive springs for Capo, too.
A lot of our fellows installed the Touratech ones and they are pretty happy... at the end they cost more or less like the original ones (I have the MY’04 on mine)
Anonymous ha scritto:*** The bike is too heavy for me to take offroad tours with it. ;-) I ride only on roads, but I plan to buy an offroad bike. But not in the next two years.
Yeah... it’s heavy for everybody... ;-)
Anonymous ha scritto:*** This is my nickname, about the fruit. My real name is Eva, and your name-day is on my birthday. Attila is your real name?
My real name is Attilio, but since I was starting to play basketball everybody call me Attila (I know that it’s pretty common in Hungary)... :attila: :-D
Anonymous ha scritto: Experiences... I use my Capo since last november, since then we collected 14.000 km on long tours in the country, and two journeys to Italy, Misano (World Ducati Week), and Austria. There was about three month (the first 3), while I had to ride my Capo very carefully. I had a Suzuki sport-tourer before, and they are two different worlds.
Here are some pictures about the summer and my bike: http://kep.tar.hu/kortefoto

Pear
Beautiful pictures... you were at Intermot fair in Munich? We were there too for 3 days...

;-)
Mandi!

"black snaky"
attila
STAFF
STAFF

Messaggio da attila »

Makis ha scritto:Hi Pear,
Have you ever used your bike during the winter?
Do they use grit (salt) on the roads in Hungary during the winter?
They do here and I had a problem with my previous bikes (steering bearings - corrosion etc.).
It’s also my opinion... I live into the Dolomiti area here in Italy, and during winter time I try to wash the bike everytime I take a tour, because the streets are full of salt...
Makis ha scritto:My wife's name is Litsa (from Evangelia) and we do celebrate namedays also in Greece!!!
Is your nameday 25th of March, by any chance? Mine was the 1st of November :-) :-) :-)
...say “ciao” to Litsa from this side of Europe! ;-)

Makis ha scritto:Attila....
Every time I try to speak to someone in Greek, they dissappear :-( :-(
I guess if U R still able to write and talk it! :ridi:

or R U using the “ancient Greek” instead of the modern one? :assface:

;-)
Mandi!

"black snaky"
pear
NIUBBO
NIUBBO
Contatta:

Messaggio da pear »

:-)

About the bearings. I know that the first owner of the bike is a guy who likes to make wheelies and he used to use the bike on offroad tours with passenger. He has my blessing for it... ;-) The wheel bearings. This is a serial problem. I will upload a picture of that ring which is beside of the first wheel's bearing. It has rough surface which damages the bearing's rubber ring.
The roads... they are bumpy but not because only of the salt. :-( It's because of the hungarian working style and of the money. I don't use my bike in winter.
Battery. I was thinking about this problem... the charger is perfect, maybe the battery doesn't like the alarm system... :-/
Touratech makes a lot of perfect things ... for BMW. Anyway I'll order a console for my Garmin GPS... and the progressive springs of course.
Attila, I was playing basketball for 11 years. Do you know anything about the Aprilia meeting in Noale? This year's WDW was cool, but not enough cool for an Aprilia owner. :-)
Makis, my nameday is on 24th, December. :-)

Hm... what about the price of the topcase? :angelo:

Pear
Makis
PISTONE SGONFIO
PISTONE SGONFIO

Messaggio da Makis »

It's also my opinion... I live into the Dolomiti area here in Italy, and during winter time I try to wash the bike everytime I take a tour, because the streets are full of salt...
I learn everyday :-)
I didn't know that you had the same problem in Italy....
I HATE SALT ON THE ROADS....... :evil:
...say "ciao" to Litsa from this side of Europe!
I did :-) :-),
and she says 'Salute!!!' ;-) ;-)
or R U using the "ancient Greek" instead of the modern one?
I'm not that old Attila .....

--------------------------------
Anyway I'll order a console for my Garmin GPS... and the progressive springs of course.
If you are thinking of ordering a garmin cable that connects to your battery, don't order it from Touratech because it's very expensive. Try http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/
What kind of GPS you have? V by any chance? (Attila's got one, and me as well).
Attila, I was playing basketball for 11 years.
:-) :-) :-)
WE ARE THREE NOW!!!!!!!!
we only need another two....
Makis, my nameday is on 24th, December
Aahh!! So is not the same as my wife's although your name's sound similar....
I will try to remember to wish you 'happy nameday' (how do you say that in your language), before I leave for Christmas.:-) :-)
Hm... what about the price of the topcase?
I've ordered mine here in May, and I'm still waiting for it :-(
You want the aluminium one don't you?
Here in UK it costs around £350 (510 euro?)
You could also look at the hepco and becker website, because I believe that's what they are. :evil: :evil:
attila
STAFF
STAFF

Messaggio da attila »

pear ha scritto:Touratech makes a lot of perfect things ... for BMW. Anyway I'll order a console for my Garmin GPS... and the progressive springs of course.
...for the springs I agree, but for the cross bar I think you can find a cheaper solution...
pear ha scritto:Attila, I was playing basketball for 11 years. Do you know anything about the Aprilia meeting in Noale? This year's WDW was cool, but not enough cool for an Aprilia owner. :-)
Makis, my nameday is on 24th, December. :-)
About the Aprilia meeting in Noale I guess sooner we'll know something more about it... :roll:

With Makis we are three, with Max ETV1000 we're four, we have to find the fifth one and than we have the AOTR International Basket "DreamTeam"... :salta: :salta: :salta:
pear ha scritto:Hm... what about the price of the topcase? :angelo:
Pear
For the top case take a look at:

http://www.touratech.de/shop/enter.html?lang=en-us

search for: Aluminium Pannier Zega-Top L 241,00 €

http://www.hepco-becker.de/_eng/frameset.php

Topcase Gobi 45 x 36 x 30 42 Liter Alu mod. 610.084

and there are others more I wasn't able to find...

;-)
Mandi!

"black snaky"
attila
STAFF
STAFF

Messaggio da attila »

Makis ha scritto:I learn everyday :-)
I didn't know that you had the same problem in Italy....
I HATE SALT ON THE ROADS....... :evil:
I hate it too! But remember, here in January/February we can reach minus 10/15 °C during the night.
Makis ha scritto: I'm not that old Attila .....
no? :old:

:bump: :respect:
Makis ha scritto:WE ARE THREE NOW!!!!!!!!
we only need another two....
...and the playground where to play!!!

;-)
Mandi!

"black snaky"
pear
NIUBBO
NIUBBO
Contatta:

Messaggio da pear »

Hi,

This is a good day! I got my factory heated grips, so I will install it on sunday. :truzzo:

I have no time to answer for all the topics, sorry. :oops:

I've got the picture of the ring which is beside the front wheel' bearing, I will publish it soon.

Bye,l
Pear
Makis
PISTONE SGONFIO
PISTONE SGONFIO

Messaggio da Makis »

But remember, here in January/February we can reach minus 10/15 °C during the night.
Brrr!!!!! - 3 this morning.....
I think I'll put a blanket on my bike ;-)
...and the playground where to play!!
I think we'll have to arrange an ABM (Aprilia Basketball Meeting) yearly :-) :-)
I got my factory heated grips, so I will install it on sunday
I was thinking of getting them as well. So let us know if it is easy to install, and how they are? Are they the ones with the hazzard lights as well? Where the switch fits? A picture would be great.
At the moment I have some that wrap-around so I can get them off during summer..
Good luck fitting them :-)
I have no time to answer for all the topics, sorry
Don't worry :-) :-) :-)
Rispondi

Torna a “CAPONORD ETV 1000 ENGLISH FORUM”