English forum for Caponord lovers around the world
Rispondi
hakjar
NIUBBO
NIUBBO

Oil question.

Messaggio da hakjar »

Hi everyone,

Since i'm new to this type of engine, (never owned a Rotax before) with drysump, I'm a bit curios to the oiltype you prefer.

Do You ride with petroleum based, semi-synthetic or fully synthetic oil?

In my world, aslong as you stick to the specifications, it shouldn't matter which type of the above stated you use but since i'm a tech i just love to get all info i can on a subject before deciding :roll: .

And perhaps someone has encountered specific problems/benefits with a certain type ?!

Regards
Håkan
f_capo

Messaggio da f_capo »

Hi Hakjar
you could look in the Apriliaforum, there has been a thread on oil types.
regards
Filip
hakjar
NIUBBO
NIUBBO

Messaggio da hakjar »

Hi f_capo,
Well i decided in favour of Motuls semi-synthetic oil. In the past i've been very reluctant to use Motul mainly for personal reasons about viscosity and "feel" of the oil. This seems good however. Easier start and gear change are the first benefits i've noticed, so i'm happy for now :) . I have to wait and see what consumption i'll get with it.

Regards
Håkan
f_capo
NIUBBO
NIUBBO

Messaggio da f_capo »

Hi Hakan
sorry, i cannot type your name correctly. How to write your name in phonetic spelling ?
How many km did you drive with the Motul already? Was the previous oil the Aprilia one?
regards
Filip
hakjar
NIUBBO
NIUBBO

Messaggio da hakjar »

Hi,

The spelling is OK. :)

I don't know what oil the dealer had in it from the start. But I can tell that the oils recommended by Aprilia don't exist in Sweden and therefore it must have been another brand.

Also i bought it with 5000 km on the meter from a very nice lady who just had a baby and didn't want to see her bike "rot away" in the garage.

Right now I've driven about 500 km with the new oil and even though it's a little short to give any conclusive answer to the behaviour I must say I like the gear shift with it. So all in all "she" has 6500 km on the meter now and is'nt even "broken" in yet so I think I'll have to return to this subject later on ;)
Sakke
NIUBBO
NIUBBO
Contatta:

Messaggio da Sakke »

I have used GN 20-50 what is Honda recomend oil for all honda bikes and find out that clutch works much better than other oils what I have used before

Sakke
Rispondi

Torna a “CAPONORD ETV 1000 ENGLISH FORUM”