Fuel indicator

English forum for Caponord lovers around the world
Rispondi
Kasti

Fuel indicator

Messaggio da Kasti »

When I fill the tank to max I am left with one of the segments on the dash out , also when the fuel light has been on for a while I can only get 18 litres in so I beleve the fuel indicator on the dash is reading low . Has anyone else has similar problems and is there a cure ?
lello
NONNO DEL FORUM
NONNO DEL FORUM
Moto: GS1200LC ADV

Messaggio da lello »

We have all that problem.
It's normal for the CN.
Let's go the bike and dont done SEGHE MENTALI (italian ) :D :D :D
Immagine
BMW GS 1200 LC ADV IL RITORNO DOPO LA TEMPESTA

Non ci sono problemi, ci sono soltanto soluzioni (Francis Baguette)
Moma
NONNO DEL FORUM
NONNO DEL FORUM

Fuel indicator

Messaggio da Moma »

Kasti ha scritto: Has anyone else has similar problems and is there a cure ?
Yes, someone.

To get the solution you have to change the fuel gauge, located inside the fuel tank.

As Lello said, many CN have this problem.

Cheers.
Caponord 5/2003
TuonoR 2/2006
Ktm Adventure 1190 9/2015
avevo un glorioso Scarabeo Rotax 150 touring
Skype momacn
attila
STAFF
STAFF
Moto: Caponord ETV1000

Messaggio da attila »

Ciao Kasti,

just to better comprehend, are you filling the tank with the bike "straight" or with it standing on the side stand?

Just because on the side stand you won't fill the whole tank

;-)
Mandi!
Attila :attila:

CN Grigio Dust Marzo 2002
"black snaky"
Kasti

Messaggio da Kasti »

I allways fill up the tank in straight position (while sitting on the bike), so that should not be the problem. :( This problem appeared just recently, at about 13k km, before that it worked just fine.

Has anyone tried to ask Aprilia engeniers (some good connections in fabric :lol: )about this problem? As I read some other forums, I noticed that a lot of Capo riders also has this problem.
pikakka
PIEGO BENE
PIEGO BENE

Messaggio da pikakka »

As I mentioned to you on http://www.motosvet.com and I belive my colegues of AOTR will agree, it's mostly a construction problem caused by bad design and choice of technology adopted for solving the problem of measuring the ammount of liquids in an odd shaped gas reservoir. It's possible that with time passing the corrosive gasoline deformed the sensor system and therefore produced something that it's common on most of the Capos. This could only mean that your bike is put togheter better than ours ;) Be joyfull!

One of the best (but not the cheapest) approaches to solve this problem was mentioned by Salvadi in the italian forum: Find out what kind of signals the sensor sends out to the ECU and reroute it to another CPU that will manage more effectively the led display of the gasoline meter. This could lead to the point of finding out that the sensor should be replaced with another type, at least a more precise one.

See you on Motosvet!
Makis
PISTONE SGONFIO
PISTONE SGONFIO

Messaggio da Makis »

Hi Kasti,

I've got the same problem, but I've got used to it :-)
If I ride for a few minutes the full display is showing up again.
Yesterday I've managed to put 20ltr after the reserve light was on for quite a few kilometres (maybe 50-60).
Rispondi

Torna a “CAPONORD ETV 1000 ENGLISH FORUM”