Front disks warped (yet again for the third time)

English forum for Caponord lovers around the world
Rispondi
Makis
PISTONE SGONFIO
PISTONE SGONFIO

Front disks warped (yet again for the third time)

Messaggio da Makis »

Has anyone experienced similar problems with the front disks?

I have a 03 Rally Raid.

The original disks were replaced under warranty at 2000 miles.
The second set was replaced this summer at 11000 miles.
Now the third set needs replacing at 16000 miles. :crybaby: :crybaby:

My dealer got in touch with Aprilia, and I had to get the bike to them to check the disks last Saturday.
When they checked it they said it moves freely and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the movement but the disks were warped.
Then they gave me Aprilia's customer support number to try and talk to them.

The problem is that even if Aprilia accepts a third claim for the same thing, there's no point replacing all the time only to find out that after 4-5 thousand miles the same thing happens again.

So the question is has anyone any ideas what's causing the problem in the first place?

P.S I don't use the brakes very hard (preferring the gearbox most of the time ).
Ardocapo
NONNO DEL FORUM
NONNO DEL FORUM

Messaggio da Ardocapo »

it is the first time that I feel of a problem of this type, I have looked for on the Italian forum but I have not found anything
MIGLIOR MODERATORE DI TUTTI I TEMPI..... ESTICAZZI!!!
MisterG62
FRENO BENE
FRENO BENE
Moto: Caponord 1200 rally

Messaggio da MisterG62 »

Hi there MAKIS

I agree with ARDOCAPO, apparently there are no other owners that had your same experience. I had a similar case, but it was on a different motorcycle. I had replaced the original disks on my Yamaha 900 diversion with a set of BRAKING disks. Shortly after, probably a month or so, I proceeded to a PANIC stop, blocking the front tire, and holding on for a short front skid. As a result of this incident, the disks were warped in the horizontal plan. What I mean is that at light braking I would feel some vibrations on the disks, but on full power brakings, I would not notice any differences. What is your riding style? could that be the cause? I sincerely doubt that the disk itself is the cause of this.

MisterG62 sends
Motorcycle the more you know, the better it is

We live in the age of the overworked, and the under-educated; the age in which people are so industrious that they become absolutely stupid (O. Wilde)

Most dangerous thing to do is to remain still
Immagine
Makis
PISTONE SGONFIO
PISTONE SGONFIO

Messaggio da Makis »

Grazie Ardocapo, MisterG62

I agree that disks are not the problem.
But what is it???
I've been riding for 19 years and it's the first time I have a problem with the disks!!! And if it was only once I could somehow understand it. But this is the third time!!!
I usually as I said don't brake very hard. I was riding a Pegaso for the last 8 years and never had a problem with it.
Every time they had replaced the disks they replaced the pads as well.
They also checked that the disk moves freely (backwards-forwards)....
Could it be the wheel?
The mechanic at my dealer could only think that the pistons are very small for a big bike like this, and that they should be bigger?
:help: :wow: :ideaboh:
Rispondi

Torna a “CAPONORD ETV 1000 ENGLISH FORUM”